WECT Internship Program
WECT-TV and its parent company, Gray Media are pleased to announce the resumption of internship opportunities for college students. These unpaid internships with WECT News are offered to students from accredited colleges and universities during spring, summer and fall semesters.
Internships give students the chance to learn the process of news gathering and presentation on all media platforms. Students will be exposed to all facets of a working newsroom’s operation and can use the opportunity to help determine their future interest in careers such as news reporting, producing, anchoring, production, digital content gathering and social media.
In order to be eligible for an internship with the WECT News Department, students should be able to provide proof that they:
- are fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- will receive academic credit(s) for the internship
- can provide their own transportation to and from WECT-TV
Students interested in pursuing an internship with WECT News should first:
- ensure they can provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- ensure they are approved and/or eligible with their college or university to receive academic credit(s) for the internship, and be able to provide necessary documentation if asked
- determine the total number of hours required for the internship, along with additional assignments they must complete to receive academic credit(s) for the internship
- know the approximate starting and finishing dates for the internship, based on the academic institution’s calendar for the semester
After gathering that information, interested students should contact Jon Evans, WECT’s Internship Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Internships in the WECT News Department are secured on a first-come, first-served basis, and are normally limited to a maximum of three eligible students per semester.