PENDER COUNTY, NC (WECT) - The Pender County Utilities Department will not charge late fees or cut-off service to customers in September.
"Charges for water and sewer service will continue to accrue and will be due with your next bill in October, if not already paid," said Kenneth Keel, Pender County Utilities director.
If your property has been destroyed or you otherwise need to suspend or discontinue water service, please notify Pender County Utilities at 910-259-1570 as soon as possible to avoid continued accrual of charges on your account.
DISASTER FOOD STAMP APPLICATIONS
The Pender County Department of Social Services will begin accepting applications for the Disaster Food Stamp program on Friday, Sept. 28. Applications will be accepted at the Pender County Agricultural Building, 801 S. Walker St. in Burgaw.
Pender County Department of Social Services will accept applications on the following dates:
- Friday, Sept. 28, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 29 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 1 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 2 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 4 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 5 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 6 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
All current Food Stamp recipients do not need to apply, replacement benefits of 60% and supplements will be placed automatically on your EBT card.