WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - A two-month investigation led to the arrest of a man on drug and weapon charges Tuesday night in Wilmington.
According to a news release from the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office, Gerick Diwell Turner, 40, was stopped on Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway and found to be in possession of heroin, cocaine and crack cocaine.
Detectives searched Turner's residence on Walnut Street and found more heroin in addition to marijuana, drug manufacturing aids and a loaded handgun. Turner had around 1,000 grams of cocaine, 31 grams of heroin, more than 950 bindles of heroin and 15 grams of marijuana, according to the sheriff's office.
Turner is charged with:
- Two counts trafficking heroin by possession
- Two counts trafficking heroin by manufacturing
- Trafficking heroin by transportation
- Trafficking cocaine by possession
- Trafficking cocaine by transportation
- Trafficking cocaine by manufacturing
- Two counts possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver heroin
- Two counts manufacturing heroin
- Manufacturing cocaine
- Possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver cocaine
- Possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver marijuana
- Manufacturing marijuana
- Possession of firearm by a convicted felon
- Maintaining a dwelling for storage/use/sale of a controlled substance
- Maintaining a vehicle for storage/use/sale of a controlled substance
- Simple possession of marijuana
- Two counts possession of drug paraphernalia
Turner is being held in the New Hanover County Jail on no bond.