OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. Promotion Description. This contest is sponsored by WECT, LLC, located at 322 Shipyard Blvd., Wilmington, NC 28412 ("WECT"), SHORTSTACK, SPONSOR TBD, and SPONSOR TBD (collectively, the "Sponsors"). The promotion begins August 21, 2017, 9 am EST. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules as well as WECT's Terms of Service. To access WECT's Terms of Service, go to www.wect.com.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary. Two entries per person. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Bladen and Pender Counties in North Carolina. Entrants must be 18 years of age and older. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Southeast Media Holdings Inc., Raycom Media, Inc. and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WECT and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WECT may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WECT is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize. The 12 winners will each receive One Hundred Dollars ($100) in the form of a check.
5. How the Prizes Are Awarded. 25 photos will be chosen for the final round ("Final Round") based on quality and the originality and creativity of the content by a group of judges, chosen by the Sponsors in their sole discretion on September 14, 2018. All decisions of the judges shall be final and in their sole and subjective discretion. These 25 photos will then be posted on WECT's Contest and Facebook page and will be open to public voting. Voting will be open to the public from September 4, 2018 9 am EST until September 14, 2018 5 pm EST (the "Voting Period"). Public voting will take place solely through the contest tool accessible on WECT.com. Only one vote is allowed per IP Address every 24 hours. Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided. The final 12 winners will be selected based on which photos receive the highest amount of votes from the public. In the case of a tie, the judges will determine the winner. All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification or phone call.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received, the subjective merit of the photos in the Judges' sole and final discretion, and, if chosen for the Final Round, the number of votes received during the Voting Period.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A valid driver's license or other valid picture identification is required to claim a prize. Winner representatives will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature if applicable. The names of the winners will be posted on the WECT-TV Wilmington Facebook Page. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state and federal taxes. WECT will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from WECT if WECT reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
All potential winners will be notified no later than four (4) business day following the close of the public voting. Prize winners will be required to claim their prize within four (4) business days of date of notification plus sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. In the event (i) required documents are not signed; or (ii) if mailed and mail of the required documents is returned as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address; or (iii) a telephone notification is not confirmed to Sponsors within forty-eight (48) hours, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining entries. Any portion of any prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited. Upon forfeiture for any reason as stated herein, no compensation shall be given.
Winners will be notified by email and telephone. If a winner is unreachable after four (4) business days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If WECT-TV cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
8. Limitations on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, Facebook, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. Entrant releases Sponsor(s) from any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, product liability, and merchandise delivery.
9. Photo Submission. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic or commercial works contained in his/her entry, including any images, logos, music, videos, and/or literary or written content (even if such works are in the background). In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, entrant grants Sponsors the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsors, and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademark, and privacy rights contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. If at any time Sponsors receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsors broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, message board, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant's failure to secure or possess any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion. If any entry: (1) contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, defamatory, or offensive; (2) does not comply with these rules; or (3) does not meet Sponsor(s) standards for any reason whatsoever, Sponsors reserve the right to reject the entry as ineligible for submission. Please see our website's Terms of Service for terms and conditions on content submissions.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WECT-TV . In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WECT-TV are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). Sponsor disclaims any representations or warranties regarding the merchantability or fitness of any prize.