Bulldog saved from Carolina Beach house fire

Bulldog saved from Carolina Beach house fire
Crews battled a house fire in Carolina Beach on Wednesday.
Crews battled a house fire in Carolina Beach on Wednesday. (Source: Derek Kelly)
Crews battled a house fire in Carolina Beach on Wednesday. (Source: Derek Kelly)

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - A bulldog was saved from a house fire in Carolina Beach on Wednesday.

According to Carolina Beach officials, crews responded to a fire at 212 Greenville Ave. just before 5 p.m. Crews arriving at the scene saw flames and heavy smoke coming from the front and side of the building.

While searching for occupants inside the building, crews found Roco the bulldog hiding in one of the bedrooms and carried him to safety.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

Officials said that heavy damage was done to the front and one side of the residence and that the fire was caused by improperly discarded flammable construction materials.

Copyright 2018 WECT. All rights reserved.