WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - The Cape Fear River Watch is assembling a panel of environmental and health stakeholders and professionals for a community forum to address the GenX issue.
In a news release sent Monday afternoon, the group said it plans to hold the discussion on Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. "to address public confusion and concern" about GenX, an unregulated toxin that is being discharged into the Cape Fear River by Chemours, a chemical company located in Fayetteville. The forum will take place at the Coastline Convention Center in Wilmington.
The following people have committed to participating in the panel event:
- Dr. Lawerence Cahoon, PhD professor UNCW (biological oceanographer)
- Dr. Susanne Brander, PhD professor UNCW (ecotoxicologist)
- Kemp Burdette, Cape Fear Riverkeeper
- Adam Wagner, StarNews reporter ( the only reporter invited to Chemours’ meeting).
- John F. Green II, attorney
- Dr. David Hill, M.D. pediatrician at Kidz Care Pediatrics
Harper Peterson, a former Wilmington mayor, will moderate the discussion.