Vacant Wilmington house fire ruled accidental; $30k damage estimates
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Investigators with the Fire Marshal's office determined a fire at a Wilmington home early Monday was accidental.
According to the Wilmington Fire Department, crews responded to the house at 1908 Washington Street just after 12:30 a.m. Monday.
Officials say the single-story home caught fire just before 12:30 a.m. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control by 12:43 a.m.
Crews on scene determined the home was vacant with no one living there. There were no reports of any injuries to civilians or fire personnel.
During the investigation, officials determined the fire started on an external wall around the electrical meter base.
officials say most of the damage was confined to the exterior and some to the attic. Damage estimates are approximately $30,000 to the structure. There were no contents in the home as it was vacant.
Copyright 2015 WECT. All rights reserved.