WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - A new Nicholas Sparks' novel-turned-movie that will be filmed in Wilmington is looking for extras.
The Longest Ride is casting some scenes now. Cameras are expected to start rolling this month in the Port City and Winston-Salem.
According to a casting call from Marty Siu Casting, the film needs extras who fit the following descriptions:
- Sorority girls (ages 18- early 20s)
- Frat guys (ages 18 - early 20s)
- Buckle bunnies (ages 18 - 20s - country music/rodeo type groupies)
- Hunky cowboy types (ages 18 - 20s)
- Soda shop teenagers (15 - 19)
- Sponsors (various ages, adults)
- 3rd grade kids (ages 8 & 9)
This is the third Sparks film to shoot in our area. Safe Haven and A Walk to Remember filmed scenes in Southport and Wilmington.
Cameras are expected to start rolling on this new film sometime this month.
The film will star Clint Eastwood's son, Scott Eastwood. This marks Eastwood's first leading role in a major studio film.