Firefighters contain camper fire in Southport

Published: Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM EST|Updated: Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SOUTHPORT, NC (WECT) - Firefighters are investigating a blaze that happened late Wednesday night.

According to fire officials, a camper/RV caught fire in a trailor park in the 1600 block of N. Howe Street.

The owner of the camper arrived home and found smoke showing and called 911.

Nobody was injured and the fire was contained to one unit in the park.

Authorities believe the fire started around electrical components and did not appear suspicious.

Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.