Ole Miss vs. Gonzaga Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 3:39 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 7:39 PM EDT
Friday's game at Maples Pavilion has the Ole Miss Rebels (23-8) going head to head against the Gonzaga Bulldogs (28-4) at 10:00 PM ET (on March 17). Our computer prediction projects a close 65-64 win for Ole Miss, so expect a tight matchup.
The Rebels are coming off of an 80-51 loss to South Carolina in their last outing on Saturday.
Ole Miss vs. Gonzaga Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 10:00 PM ET
- Where: Maples Pavilion in Stanford, California
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Ole Miss vs. Gonzaga Score Prediction
- Prediction: Ole Miss 65, Gonzaga 64
Ole Miss Schedule Analysis
- On January 12, the Rebels picked up their best win of the season, a 66-58 victory over the Georgia Lady Bulldogs, who are a top 50 team (No. 33), according to our computer rankings.
- The Rebels have four wins over Quadrant 1 opponents, tied for the 32nd-most in the nation.
- The Rebels have seven wins over Quadrant 3 teams, tied for the 44th-most in the country.
Ole Miss 2022-23 Best Wins
- 66-58 on the road over Georgia (No. 33) on January 12
- 57-55 on the road over Alabama (No. 43) on February 26
- 78-63 at home over Mississippi State (No. 44) on January 26
- 61-50 on the road over Mississippi State (No. 44) on January 1
- 76-73 on the road over Arkansas (No. 48) on January 29
Gonzaga Schedule Analysis
- On November 21, the Bulldogs claimed their signature win of the season, a 73-72 victory over the Tennessee Lady Volunteers, who rank No. 24 in the AP's Top 25.
- The Bulldogs have four wins over Quadrant 1 teams, tied for the 32nd-most in Division 1.
- Against Quadrant 2 teams, Gonzaga is 7-1 (.875%) -- tied for the 13th-most wins.
- According to the RPI, the Rebels have seven wins against Quadrant 3 opponents, tied for the 44th-most in Division 1.
Gonzaga 2022-23 Best Wins
- 73-72 over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on November 21
- 79-67 over Louisville (No. 21) on November 19
- 71-59 on the road over SFA (No. 58) on December 1
- 63-53 at home over Portland (No. 60) on February 11
- 73-66 on the road over Portland (No. 60) on January 14
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Ole Miss Performance Insights
- The Rebels average 69.3 points per game (101st in college basketball) while allowing 56.8 per outing (25th in college basketball). They have a +387 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 12.5 points per game.
- Offensively, Ole Miss is tallying 66.5 points per game this season in conference action. To compare, its season average (69.3 points per game) is 2.8 PPG higher.
- The Rebels are putting up 74.6 points per game this year in home games, which is 11.3 more points than they're averaging in away games (63.3).
- Defensively, Ole Miss has played better in home games this year, allowing 53.3 points per game, compared to 59 when playing on the road.
- On offense, the Rebels have struggled over their last 10 games, scoring 64.3 points per contest over that stretch compared to the 69.3 they've racked up over the course of this year.
Gonzaga Performance Insights
- The Bulldogs outscore opponents by 12.8 points per game (posting 72.4 points per game, 54th in college basketball, and conceding 59.6 per outing, 63rd in college basketball) and have a +410 scoring differential.
- In 2022-23, Gonzaga has averaged 72.1 points per game in WCC play, and 72.4 overall.
- At home, the Bulldogs average 71.3 points per game. Away, they score 74.2.
- Gonzaga is conceding fewer points at home (53.5 per game) than away (63.9).
- In their previous 10 games, the Bulldogs are tallying 68.4 points per contest, compared to their season average of 72.4.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.