Air conditioning unit sparks fire in mobile home in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - The Wilmington Fire Department was dispatched to a mobile home fire near Peachtree Avenue and 43rd Street at around 7 p.m. Saturday.
Fire officials say a faulty air conditioning unit was the cause of the fire.
We’re told a few animals inside the mobile home died in the fire, but no people were home when the fire broke out.
It’s not clear if the home was a total loss. One person was displaced.
Copyright 2023 WECT. All rights reserved.