Cape Fear Cooking: Chef Gwen shares a recipe for Colcannon
WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - On this edition of Cape Fear Cooking, Chef Gwen has brought us a recipe perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Chef Gwen joined WECT’s Bill Murray to make Irish Colcannon. Chef Gwen says she would serve this dish with bangers and mash.
- Potatoes 4 large Russet potatoes, peeled
- Cabbage, green 1-2 cups, chopped
- Cream ¼ cup
- Butter, Irish 2 Tbsp, unsalted
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Quarter the peeled potatoes and boil with the cabbage until fork tender – about 20 minutes
- Drain and put back into the hot pot
- Turn the burner on low
- Add cream and butter and mash until well mixed
- Add salt and pepper
- Serve hot or chill for later – this dish microwaves well and makes a delicious side dish for Irish sausages
Copyright 2023 WECT. All rights reserved.