Get Fit with 6: October challenge
WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - This month’s exercises work a wide range of muscle groups. We have three different types of push ups to work your back, shoulders and triceps. Plus, we’ll use a bender ball to do some walking and pulsing squats for your quads and glutes. Then, using the bender ball again, we’ll get a good ab and core workout.
- regular, hands shoulder width apart, legs stretched out or for a modified version go on your knees
- staggered hands, place one hand stretched out and the other in the normal position. Switch hands to do both sides
- hands out, hands shoulder width apart but hands turned outward
Bender Ball Between Legs
- in a squat position put the ball in between you legs just above the knee and walk five paces then pulse in the squat position
- walk back five paces and repeat the pulses
Bender Ball Abs
- sitting in an upright position on the floor place the ball on the floor and up against the very lower part of your back
- feet shoulder width apart, flat on the ground with knees bent
- bring arms up with fingers close together
- lean back just a little bit then pulse up reaching toward the ceiling
- the ball should be in a place that takes the pressure off your lower back
As always follow the calendar to increase repetitions everyday
Copyright 2022 WECT. All rights reserved.