Flu vaccines available throughout October in New Hanover and Brunswick counties
WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - Flu vaccines are available from multiple local providers throughout the month of October.
New Hanover County
“As the weather starts to turn cooler and activities move indoors, it’s important to have that layer of protection to reduce your risk of serious illness. Flu vaccines are critical in that regard, and we encourage everyone in the community to get one as soon as possible,” said Public Health Director David Howard in a press release.
Per New Hanover County Public Health, flu vaccines will be available to anyone 6 months or older at the Health and Human Services parking lot. Anyone with insurance is asked to bring their card, but you are not required to have insurance or residence to get vaccinated with no out-of-pocket cost.
This month’s clinics are:
- October 4-7 and 10-14 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Health and Human Services parking lot (1650 Greenfield Street, Wilmington)
The University of North Carolina Wilmington students, faculty and staff can get vaccinated for the flu at a clinic this month for free. Anyone getting vaccinated is asked to bring their UNCW ID card. Students can schedule a free flu shot at the Student Health Center by calling 910-962-3280. Per UNCW, this month’s clinic is:
- October 12 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Warwick Center (601 College Rd, Wilmington)
Brunswick County Health Services has announced five pop-up shot clinics during the month of October. You can book an appointment online here, but they are not required. The regular flu shot is $45, and the senior flu shot is $91, which is recommended for anyone 65 or older. Health Services say they accept Medicaid, Medicare and most major insurance. You can call 910-253-2354 if you have any questions about insurance coverage.
Per a county release, this month’s pop-up shot clinics are:
- October 10, 17 and 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Town Creek Park Community Building (6420 Ocean Highway East, Winnabow)
- October 26 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Waccamaw Park Community Building (5855 Waccamaw School Road NW, Ash)
- October 28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Indian Trail Meeting Hall (113 W Moore Street, Southport)
Copyright 2022 WECT. All rights reserved.