Advertisement

WFD: House fire caused by electrical malfunction

Published: Nov. 28, 2021 at 10:42 PM EST|Updated: Nov. 29, 2021 at 1:09 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - A house fire on Greenville Loop Road in Wilmington Sunday night was caused by an electrical malfunction, according to the Wilmington Fire Department.

Crews responded to scene the around 9 p.m. Sunday.

According to a tweet from the WFD, the fire started in the home’s living room.

One resident and a dog were displaced and are receiving assistance from the Red Cross.

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2021 WECT. All rights reserved.