Advertisement

Two juveniles charged for break-in at home of former Panther Thomas Davis

Updated: Jun. 9, 2021 at 4:40 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

UNION COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) - Two juveniles are being charged for breaking into the home of former Carolina Panther Thomas Davis and stealing his luxury car, officials announced Wednesday.

Deputies say the juveniles, identified as a 15 and 17-year-old whose names are not being released due to their age, “will face numerous charges” and that a secure custody order has been issued for both.

Davis said earlier in the day that the people who broke into his home had been found.

He announced on Instagram Tuesday that he was offering a cash reward for anyone who could identify the men who broke into his home, stole and crashed his luxury vehicle and also made away with some of his guns.

Wednesday, Davis posted on social media that the men were found and that his family is safe. “Only thing that was lost was my car. But, we know who did it. We found the guys,” Davis said.

Tuesday’s 911 call came in around 5:25 a.m. from the Stratford on Providence neighborhood, a gated Weddington community.

Deputies say they arrived to find a McLaren 720S vehicle crashed in front of a home.

Deputies identified Thomas Davis and his wife, Kelly as the owners of the vehicle and said the couple were at the scene of the recovered vehicle.

When they arrived, deputies discovered a McLaren 720S vehicle crashed in front of a home....
When they arrived, deputies discovered a McLaren 720S vehicle crashed in front of a home. Deputies identified Thomas Davis and his wife, Kelly as the owners of the vehicle and said the couple were at the scene of the recovered vehicle.(Union County Sheriff's Office)

The Davis family lives in the neighborhood less than a mile from the scene of the crash. They told deputies that a neighbor called to tell them about the wrecked vehicle.

As they were leaving their home, deputies say the couple noticed that most of the vehicles in their driveway had open doors and trunks.

Davis posted surveillance on Instagram, saying the men made off with one of his luxury cars and wrecked it.

Crime Scene Investigators and detectives responded to the call to collect evidence and interview witnesses.

Detectives believe the suspects, described as two young black males, broke into and rummaged through several unlocked vehicles in the driveway before getting into the garage where the McLaren was parked.

The suspects drove the vehicle out of the garage and were heading toward Providence Road when the crash happened.

Detectives are investigating the possibility that the McLaren crashed into a getaway vehicle that the suspects used in the crime.

Davis posted a surveillance video that appears to show two men hauling an object.

Davis also reported that two guns were stolen from one of the unlocked vehicles in the driveway. The guns have not been recovered.

“I’m offering a cash reward for anyone that can help identify who these guys are!” Davis posted.

The investigation remains active and detectives are continuing to search for video surveillance footage.

Davis says the men have been found but officials have not said whether any arrests were made.

Copyright 2021 WBTV. All rights reserved.