WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - NHRMC Physician Group announced Friday that its primary care established patients who are age 75 and older, regardless of health status or living condition, now can make an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccination.
Officials say that appointments are required to receive a vaccination, and that vaccinations will be administered at no cost at central locations in Wilmington.
New Hanover County also is providing NHRMC with 1,950 doses as part of the county’s efforts to quickly dispense the vaccine.
“We appreciate the partnership of NHRMC in helping to administer the COVID-19 vaccine to those who are 75 and older in our community,” New Hanover County officials said in a statement. “By transferring a portion of our vaccines to the hospital, it will further Public Health’s efforts to get the vaccine to some of the most vulnerable in our community as quickly as possible. NHRMC is a public health partner and an extension of our work in the community, and we are grateful to coordinate with them in this way.
“Currently, the only authorized COVID-19 vaccinators in New Hanover County are the county’s Public Health Department and NHRMC. In the coming weeks and months, we look forward to local physician practices and health clinics receiving authorization from the state to administer the vaccine to their patients as well. It’s going to take all of us working together to ensure we reach everyone who wants a vaccine, and we have a great collaborative team to do it.”
NHRMC provided the following information for patients looking to schedule a vaccination:
Eligible patients may schedule an appointment using their NHRMC MyChart account.
- Log in to your NHRMC MyChart account
- On the MyChart home page, you will see a message instructing you to schedule your SARS-Cov-2 Vaccine 1st Dose. Click the “Schedule Now” button next to that message.
- You may be prompted to answer some questions before scheduling your appointment.
- Select your preferred appointment date and time. Only available appointment times will be visible.
- Enter “Covid Vaccine” as the topic to be addressed during your appointment.
- Confirm your appointment information is correct, then click “Schedule”
“Patients without an NHRMC MyChart account may also schedule an appointment by calling 910-662-2020 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,” NHRMC officials said. “If all available appointments are booked, that line will have a voicemail with the status.
“A subsequent appointment to receive the second dose of the vaccine will be scheduled during the first vaccination appointment.”