Electrical malfunction in attic sparked Wilmington house fire Saturday morning

Electrical malfunction in attic sparked Wilmington house fire Saturday morning
Investigators said a Saturday morning house fire in Wilmington was caused by an electrical malfunction in the attic. (Source: Wilmington Fire Department)

WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - Investigators said an electrical malfunction in the attic sparked a house fire in Wilmington Saturday morning.

According to the Wilmington Fire Department, it happened around 10 a.m. on the 3300 block of Hampshire Drive which is in the Pine Valley area off South College Road.

No residents or neighbors were hurt, but three firefighters were checked out for non-life-threatening injuries.

Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.