WHITEVILLE, N.C. (WECT) - Columbus County health officials announced that a COVID-19 drive-thru testing site is opening on Friday.
The site will be located in the Walmart parking lot at 200 Columbus Corners Drive in Whiteville. Tests are available to anyone who meets CDC and state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19 and those in high-risk groups without symptoms.
Those interested in being tested need to click here to see if eligible for testing and to make an appointment.
“Walmart is part of the community, and is proud to help support the expansion of COVID-19 testing in Whiteville during this unprecedented time,” said Brooke Mueller, Walmart Public Affairs Director for North Carolina. “We are grateful to our associates who keep our stores running, our pharmacists who support these testing sites, and to eTrueNorth and local officials as we work together to open the site and help our community.”
Details on the COVID-19 testing site:
- Beginning tomorrow (Friday), the site is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays weekly from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., weather permitting.
- Appointments must be made through eTrueNorth’s online portal at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com, which will screen individuals to ensure they meet CDC eligibility for testing. For questions regarding testing, call 800-635-8611.
- Those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and then dropped in the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-through site.
- eTrueNorth will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested with the Columbus County Health Department.
- The site will be staffed by Walmart healthcare professionals
- Please note, testing is not available inside Walmart stores.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.