Minor fire at fast food restaurant

Air conditioning unit causes minor fire
Air conditioning unit causes minor fire(Source: WECT)
Updated: May. 8, 2020 at 5:46 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - Fire crews were on the roof of the Hardee’s fast food restaurant at 2518 Carolina Beach Road.

The WECT photographer on the scene saw smoke filling the building. Police and fire crews are on the scene

According to officials on scene, the air conditioning unit on top of the building was the problem a belt on the unit jammed. The fire department turned off power to the unit.

Chief Fix with Wilmington Fire Department says employees working early this morning saw the smoke in the building, called 911 and evacuated. The heating and air unit on the roof burned up.

There are no reports of injuries.

Hardee’s is still expected to open.

Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.