WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - Amid coronavirus concerns, New Hanover Regional Medical Center and Pender Memorial Hospital released updated visitor guidelines.
The following applies to any person visiting an NHRMC facility:
- No visitors age 12 and under are permitted
- Each patient is limited to two (2) adult visitors at a time
- Do not visit if you have flu-like symptoms, including fever and cough, until 48 hours after your symptoms are gone
- As always, please sanitize your hands often
Additionally, to limit the potential spread of COVID-19 in our community and protect patients, staff and providers, New Hanover Regional Medical Center is limiting its events and programs.
Effective immediately, NHRMC is:
- Canceling all NHRMC events with 50 people or more
- Canceling tours of NHRMC facilities
- Canceling on-site SEAHEC programs
- Limiting gatherings involving high-risk patients to no more than 10
Additionally, NHRMC is encouraging its employees and providers not to attend events with 50 people or more and practice social distancing as much as possible.
The following applies to any person visiting a Pender Memorial Hospital facility:
- No visitors age 12 and under are permitted.
- Each patient is limited to two (2) adult visitors at a time.
- Do not visit if you have flu-like symptoms, including fever and cough, until 48 hours after your symptoms are gone.
- Visitation hours will be limited to between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Outside groups that have visited the hospital in the past have been notified not to come.
- Those who are not immediate family members are asked to avoid visiting patients unless absolutely necessary, even if visitors are healthy and regardless of their age. Please note these restrictions do NOT apply to those seeking care.
- Nursing team members and the infection prevention team will work with extended families who have special circumstances, such as a critically ill or injured family member, on a case-by-case basis.
Currently, there are seven confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in North Carolina. Six of the seven positive cases are in Wake County with the seventh being in Chatham County.
No confirmed cases have been reported in the Cape Fear region.
Dosher Memorial Hospital’s updated visitor restrictions are as followed, effective immediately:
- Do not visit if you have a cough, sore throat or fever.
- If you have been sick, do not visit until you are 48 hours symptom-free.
- Visitors will be limited to two (2) adults at a time.