WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - The Wilmington Police Department has arrested a suspect accused of breaking into cars along the Market Street corridor and using stolen credit cards at nearby stores.
The police department took to Facebook on Friday to ask for the public’s help identifying the man.
A spokeswoman for the WPD confirmed on Monday that Stephen Edward Ford, 55, was arrested in connection with the alleged crimes. He was taken into custody on Monday in the 400 block of Evans Street, jail records indicate.
Ford was charged with:
- Breaking or entering a motor vehicle (seven counts)
- Financial card theft
- Financial card fraud
- Felony larceny (three counts)
- Misdemeanor larceny
- Possess a schedule II controlled substance
- Possess drug paraphernalia
- Failure to appear on a felony
Ford was booked into the New Hanover County Jail under a $81,000 bond.