PENDER COUNTY, NC (WECT) - “Eye popping." “Waterfront.” “Amazing craftsmanship.” “Tons of cool stuff.”
Those are the descriptive tag lines for a three-level home available in Hampstead.
“We have an eye-popping home with tons of cool stuff,” said Kathleen Baylies with Just For Buyers Realty, a buyers agency that doesn’t take home listings. “This home has water views to die for, an elevator and wrap around decks."
Baylies has seen a lot of properties in her line of work, but she says this type of home doesn’t come around often.
“What really sets this house apart and makes it a good deal is the quality of materials and craftsmanship of work that went into it," Baylies said.
Here’s a list of examples:
- The roof is metal with standing seams rather than exposed fasteners, which are less expensive but often develop problems after 10-15 years.
- The wood floors are real wood. The main living area has exposed Douglas fir beams and wood ceilings. The floor to ceiling windows are all Anderson.
- Cabinets in the kitchen are all soft close. The drawers are dove-tail construction. There are double ovens, a built in wine cooler, six-burner gas stove, two sinks, and lots of storage in a large center island.
- Master bath has a spa-like shower with two shower heads and three body jets and a high-end jetted tub.
- Every detail is considered, down to the metal hanging rods in the secondary bedrooms.
- 12-year old HVAC systems; typical life expectancy is 12-15 years
- Not surprisingly, given it’s proximity to the water, it’s in a flood zone
“No fiberglass, no laminate, no carpet, no cultured marble in this house. Every inch is finished in quality materials" says Baylies. “At this price point, it’s really an amazing deal.”
To learn more, click here.