WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - If you’re looking for a town home that offers a maintenance free lifestyle and is just minutes from the beach, Just for Buyers Realty is showcasing a possibility for you as a best buy for the week of March 24.
“It’s the best deal you’ll find on a home this close to the beach," said Kathleen Baylies with Just for Buyers Realty. ”At $254,900, there’s no other home closer to the Pleasure Island beaches at a better price per square foot.”
The property has been on the market more than 200 days, but if you count backwards, you’ll see it came on the market just a couple weeks before Hurricane Florence hit.
Fortunately, this home didn’t suffer any damage so the owner made it available to some friends who weren’t so lucky. That meant for most of the time the home has been on the market, it hasn’t been available for showings.
- Its exterior facade and large front lawn, which makes it feel much more like a free-standing home than a townhouse
- Its roominess, over 2,500 square feet
- Its location, one mile north of Snow’s Cut. It’s six minutes from your front door to toes in the sand
- The neighborhood, Telfair Summit, nestled behind a nature reserve with no through traffic and no city taxes
- Wood floors in the main living areas
- A unique butler’s pantry with plenty of nooks for storing all sorts of things
- A large media loft and bonus room which could be an office or fourth bedroom upstairs
- Big closets provide a ton of storage.
- You can spend your free time at the beach instead of doing yard work and exterior maintenance because the homeowners association handles all of that.
- HOA fees are $300 per month, and also include pest control, a termite bond, trash removal and water for yard irrigation.
- Even though the home is freshly painted, many of the colors are taste specific.
- There is also green carpeting, which may not be to everyone’s taste, in most of the upstairs rooms. If you prefer a neutral pallet, a bit of paint and new carpet may be a consideration.
For a home close to the beach and a maintenance free lifestyle, you’d be hard pressed to find a more affordable option. To learn more, click here.