WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - If you’re looking for idyllic front porch living, consider Carolina Place.
An historic district on the National Register of Historic Places, Carolina Place is 20 blocks north of the Cape Fear River just outside downtown Wilmington.
“One of the things home buyers often complain about is the lack of character in so many homes,” says Kathleen Baylies with Just for Buyers Realty. Just for Buyers doesn’t accept listings so there’s no vested interest in the properties showcased.
“A lack of character is something you won’t say about this place," says Baylies. "It’s charming.”
The 1,979 square foot home is located at 2002 Metts Avenue in Wilmington.
“It’s a wonderful combination of an adorable house in a popular neighborhood,” says Baylies. “I really like it and think it’s a terrific buy."
Carolina Place is a vibrant community where it’s common to see residents stopping to chat with each other or exchanging greetings as they walk their dogs. Wallace Park is also an easy stroll from this house, and it is close to restaurants, shopping, downtown, and the beach.
Here are some details of what’s positive:
- Metal roof approximately five years old
- Updated kitchen and baths
- Hardwood floors that look as if they could be original to the home
- New deck with an arbor
- Upstairs HVAC is about two years old
- On- and off-street parking but limited and could become more so if neighbor puts up fence
A few negatives.
- Downstairs heating/cooling system is 18 years old
- Small closets, current owners using third bedroom for a closet
- Small tree growing from chimney; scheduled to be removed
- Drainage being adjusted
“If this home interests you, be sure to see it in person first. The video and pictures don’t do it justice,” says Baylies. “It’s a darling house in a popular neighborhood for a very reasonable $299,000 price tag."