WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Ask anyone dreaming of property and there’s a good chance, around here, water is at the top of the list.
Even with the risk of storms or flooding, a realtor will tell you that water sells.
That brings us to this week’s best buy.
Just for Buyers Realty has been tracking the most recent MLS listings to scope out great deals on the market.
Wilmington is a power market, and those deals are harder to come by. Kathleen Baylies with Just for Buyers Realty doesn’t accept listings so her office doesn’t have a vested interest in whether or not the properties profiled sell.
It’s a little fishing getaway close to the Intracoastal Waterway but out of the flood zone. It was built in 1972 and has had several additions over the years bringing it to 1,360 square feet.
It’s advertised as a one-bedroom home because two of the three rooms used for bedrooms don’t have windows.
Here’s what Baylies likes and dislikes about the property located at 486 Holly View Drive SE in Boliva, priced at $119,900.
- It’s clean, move in ready
- Lots of storage inside and out.
- Public boat ramp on ICW, 1/3 of mile down the road
- Ramp is 1,200 feet from Lockwood Folly River
- 1½ miles to the inlet for ocean access
“If you’re a serious fisherman, you probably have or want a boat and need a place to store it,” says Baylies. “This property has a large, covered storage area for a generously sized boat but best of all, the property is affordable. Where else can you find a home, this close to the water, but not in a flood zone, for under $120,000?"
- The cook house was permitted for store and the front bedroom and part of the living room were permitted for a front porch.
- There are places were the floor is uneven and at least one section near the ceiling appears to have been repaired. A thorough home inspect would be important.
- Because two of the interior rooms don’t have windows, the home may not qualify for FHA or VA backed loans.
To learn more about this property and take a look at more pictures, click here.