Man displaced by Christmas Day fire

Man displaced by Christmas Day fire
Raymond Bass is displaced after his apartment catches fire Tuesday morning. (Source: WECT)

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Wilmington Fire Department responded to an apartment fire at 4756 Seahawk Court Tuesday morning.

Officials said the fire was contained in the kitchen area with smoke damage to the rest of the apartment.

No one was hurt, but the resident Raymond Bass was given an oxygen mas for possible smoke inhalation. Bass says he left his apartment to go to the store, came back minutes later and noticed his apartment was on fire.

Now, he says he is without a home.

“I lost everything, clothes, down to my food, everything is ruined so I don’t know what the heck I’m going to do or how I’m going to survive this Christmas day or anything," Bass said.

"I’m just praying that somebody will help me out by giving me somewhere to stay for the time being of me getting my place fixed up.”

The American Red Cross was also on scene.

Copyright 2018 WECT. All rights reserved.