WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Good Sunday morning to you! 2018 has been a year of records for Wilmington. It will go down as the wettest year on record, and for the first time ever, the city broke the 100 inch mark of rain. Chief Meteorologist Gannon Medwick has some insight on the epic yearly rain, which you can read about here. Sunday is the start of a stretch of low rain chance days, providing an opportunity to dry out. Mostly sunny skies will be the rule going forward through midweek. Please take note of these details as you take a look at your forecast:
- Look for a dry and close to seasonable pattern beginning through the middle of the week.
- Overnight lows will trend lower ahead of our next rain chances.
- Our next rain chance arrives late in the week, but looks to spare us from a major weekend washout.
- Colder weather should greet SE NC heading into the weekend before Christmas.
- The planning forecast you see here reflects your WECT Weather App’s Wilmington zone. Tap into the app from your location to see more tailored numbers for you, along with a look ahead to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.