Faulty wiring causes house fire near Castle Hayne - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Faulty wiring causes house fire near Castle Hayne

Posted: Updated:

Posted by Debra Worley - email

NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) - Firefighters say faulty wiring is to blame for a late night fire at a house near Castle Hayne.

The flames destroyed part of a two story home at the 5800 block of Blue Clay Road.

Authorities say the fire started in the rear of the home around 11:00 Wednesday night.

According to the deputy fire marshal, faulty wiring in the air conditioning unit sparked the blaze.

The home has been vacant for about two months and no one was injured.

"It's the third one in the last few years," said neighbor James Cottle. "The one next door burned a few years ago. The one on the corner burned about two years ago, and now this one. I'm hoping I'm not going to be next."

Officials estimate the fire caused about $30,000 worth of damage.

 

Return to Homepage

Powered by WorldNow