Thirteen people were sent to the Bladen County Hospital yesterday after a clean-up turned messy. Around 4:30 Wednesday afternoon, employees evacuated an Elizabethtown Burger King. Firefighters believe a maintenance crew accidentally mixed Drano with sulfuric acid in an attempt to unclog a drain. Employees noticed a foul odor in the air and some people developed symptoms, such as irritated eyes and lungs. Firefighters say everyone inside the restaurant was taken to the hospital as a precaution. None of the injuries were life-threatening. With a clean bill of health from the health department, the Burger King could open for business as early Thursday morning.
Reported by: Ellen Goldberg
The Walton County, Florida Sheriff's Office has arrested two chaperones and 21 students from two Montgomery private schools following two separate open house party incidents Wednesday and Thursday nights.More >>
When a scam caller claiming to be an IRS agent unknowingly called a police officer and tried to scam him, hilarity ensued.More >>