NEW HANOVER COUNTY -- New phone books will be arriving soon, but what do you do with the old ones?
Instead of throwing away the out-dated books, New Hanover County is making it easy to recycle phone books all year long.
City of Wilmington and Town of Kure Beach residents who participate in the curbside recycling program can put phone books in their recycling bin.
New Hanover County residents, including Carolina Beach residents, can drop phone books off in the mixed paper container at any of the following New Hanover County drop off recycling centers:
- Market Street/Highway 17 at Blair School Road
- Castle Hayne Road/117 behind Hardee's
- Murrayville Road & North College at Lowe's Foods
- Moose Lodge 343 - 1 mile north of Monkey Junction on Carolina Beach Road
- County WASTEC: 3002 Highway 421 North
- County Landfill: 5210 Highway 421 North
(Mon - Fri 7 am - 5 pm, Sat 8 am - 11:45 am)
Wrightsville Beach residents can recycle phone books in the mixed paper recycling container located at 321 Causeway Drive. For more information: 256-7935.
Businesses may recycle phone books at the New Hanover County Recycling Facility at 3002 US Hwy 421 North. They can be dropped off at no cost to the business.