Abbotts Run Apartment Fire - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Abbotts Run Apartment Fire

WILMINGTON -- A local apartment building went up flames at around 3:30 p.m. on Monday.

Abbotts Run apartment complex is located near Kerr Avenue and Princess Place Drive.

The fire started outside of the 5002 apartment building and spread to the rest of the building.

There were no injuries, but the units on the left side of the building are uninhabitable.

The 16 residents whose units are uninhabitable were put up at the Holiday Inn. The managers at the apartment complex are hoping to put the victims of the fire in vacant units as soon as possible.

Fire officials say the fire may have been sparked by a cigarette butt in the wood chips that surround the building.

Reported by Kim Gebbia

Powered by Frankly