Woman Burned in Apartment Fire - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Woman Burned in Apartment Fire

WILMINGTON--  A Wilmington woman was sent to the hospital with third degree burns after a fire in her apartment complex. 

Firefighters say the woman was cooking in her apartment at New Center Commons when a cardboard box near the stove caught fire. She tossed the box off her third-floor balcony.

The box sparked a small fire in the grass, but crews were able to put out the flames.

Reported By: Bernadette Jay

Powered by Frankly