OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WECT-TV located at 322 Shipyard Blvd. Wilmington NC 28412 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at July 3, 2006and ends at August 31, 2006 Entries must be received by July 31, 2006 . Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of North Carolina , who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WECT]-TV, , and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only two entries per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- 3. How to Enter. To enter this promotion beginning on July 3, 2006 individuals will need to submit a scenic photograph of southeastern North Carolina, which must be a minimum of 35mm print, horizontal;negative must also be submitted; minimum of 4x6" print submitted; digital images accepted, but must be submitted as a print and if chosen, must submit CCD with minimum size of 61/2 x 10" @ 300dpi. If in the sole discretion of our judges, an image submitted has been "created" by other than conventional means, it will be disqualified. Normal cropping and enhancement will be permitted. Entries must be received by July 31, 2006 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Photographs will be judged by a WECT panel based on visual quality and six (6) Winner(s)s will be selected by the WECT panel. Entrants represent that they are sole owner of the copyright to the print submitted.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential Winner(s) may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4.Prize. The Winner(s)s will receive a one hundred dollar ($100) cash prize and a chance to appear in the WECT 2007 Collectors Calendar.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Prizes will need to be picked up in person at the WECT studios located at 322 Shipyard Blvd. Wilmington NC 28412
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number and quality of the entries received.
7.Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The Winner(s) will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A Winner(s) must take possession of his or her prize by September 22, 2006or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WECT-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WECT-TV if WECT-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. The prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each Winner(s) agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each Winner(s) acknowledges that WECT-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each Winner(s)'s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- 4. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
- 5. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WECT-TV to ensure the fairness and original intent of the promotion. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WECT-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.