Academics for College Achievement
CCHS is a college preparatory, board operated, interdenominational Christian high school. The outstanding faculty and staff at CCHS are exceptional, both professionally and personally. In addition, our approach to curriculum is particularly excellent.
CCHS will be utilizing a variety of challenging curriculum to meet our academic needs, such as Prentice Hall, Bob Jones Press, Scott Foresman and A Beka. In addition to our three-track academic system of General, College Preparatory, and Honors tracks, we will offer Advanced Placement (AP) classes for college credit.
We plan to offer AP classes in the following areas:
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, European History, American History, 11th & 12th Grade English
Character Building Fine Arts and Sports
The inaugural class of students will have the unique opportunity to help shape the extra curricular and elective courses offered during the school's first year. A wide variety of athletics and fine arts will be part of the daily schedule, enabling all students to enhance their talents, pursue their interests and develop new skills.
Athletics All athletic activities will be centered around good sportmanship that reflects Christian behavior. A full range of sports for boys and girls will include: Soccer, Basketball, Tennis, Golf and cheerleading.
Fine Arts CCHS students can develop their artistic abilities with course electives including: Advanced Painting, Sculpture and Ceramics, Photography, Set Design, Graphic Arts and Yearbook.
Performing Arts CCHS students will have the opportunity to participate in various performing arts including Band, Drama, Dance, Choir, and Speech. We will hold weekly chapel services where students will be able to use their gifts to glorify God.
Statement of Faith
Every School is based upon a specific system of beliefs, whether it is governed and guided by the government, a private board or society, a church or denomination. Coastal Christian High School is no exception. We are a Christ-centered school guided by an understanding of God's Word, which dictates our purpose. The following is Coastal Christian High School's Statement of Faith upon which the school will be built, and classes will be taught:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, authoritative Word of God, and every word is true. (II Tim. 3:16)
- We believe that there is one God, Creator of all things, evident in the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) and He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. (Deut.6:4; Gen.1:1; I John 5:7)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 10:30; Matt. 1:18; Heb. 4:15; John 10:32; Rom. 3:25; Matt. 28:6; Rom. 8:34; Luke 21:27)
- We believe the Holy Spirit empowers us to live a godly life. (Gal. 5:16)
- We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith alone, and that faith without works is dead. (Eph. 2:8; Jam. 2:17)
As you examine CCHS, you will see several unique things about our school. First, we are here to assist families. We want to join hands with parents in the training of their students in the "nurture and admonition of the Lord". Secondly, our desire is to provide academic excellence for all students. We plan to offer three academic tracks (General, College Preparatory, and Honors) so that we might provide excellence in education to all our students according to their God-given talents and abilities. Third, we endeavor to instill God's Word in our students by integrating biblical principles in our entire curriculum. We pray the ministry of the Holy Spirit will engraft these principles into the hearts of our students. We want them to not only learn how to make a living, but how to make a life.
We will be praying for God's guidance in your selection of a high school to educate your child. May the Lord give you His discernment and wisdom.
Yours for Kingdom Education,