Apartment Fire Blamed on French Fries - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Apartment Fire Blamed on French Fries

MAY 17, 2006 -- Firefighters are blaming a Wilmington apartment fire on french fries.  It started in a second floor apartment Wednesday night at the Chase Mooring complex. That's on Wilshire Boulevard.

Firefighters say a woman cooking french fries left the food on the stove when she went to take a shower. Within minutes, the fire had ignited. There's significant smoke and water damage to that apartment but firefighters managed to keep the blaze from spreading to the adjoining units.

Reported by Jim Hanchett

Powered by Frankly