Consider This: Voting - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Consider This: Voting

MAY 10, 2006 -- Do you know 90% of you are willing to sit back let the other 10% decide what's best for you, your family and your wallet? Don't believe me? Well, in last week's elections, roughly 10% of the registered voters in both New Hanover and Brunswick Counties turned out at the polls. A small minority became the majority and made the decisions for all of us.

The way to be heard is in the voting booth, but most of you opted to remain silent last week. If you consider yourself a patriot and you didn't vote, you should be ashamed! Voting is a privilege many people around the world don't enjoy. It's what insures our freedom.

Thousand of lives have been sacrificed to protect your right to vote. It's a shame if those lives were wasted because people are too uninterested or apathetic to inform themselves about the candidates and issues and then cast their vote.

That's why we're not going to be quiet on this subject. We're launching a full scale "get-informed-and-vote" campaign between now and the November elections, because the right and privilege of voting comes with an obligation to actually show up at the polls on Election Day.

That's what we think, tell us what you think.

Powered by Frankly