Duplex Fire Destroys Man's Home - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Duplex Fire Destroys Man's Home

APRIL 16, 2006 -- A man's home was destroyed after a fire started at a duplex in Wilmington. It happened along the 400 block of Marion Drive around 3:30 Sunday afternoon.

Fire officials say the blaze began in the kitchen where the man was cooking burgers and fries. Investigators say his half of the duplex is a total loss.

Crews were able to save the adjoining home, although it did suffer smoke damage. No one was injured in the fire.

Fire officials are working to get help for the man who lost his home on Easter Sunday.

Staff Report

Powered by Frankly