MARCH 16, 2006 -- Residents of ten apartments had to seek safety after a fire started around 11:30 Wednesday night. It sent smoke and flames through several units of the building at 703 South Lake Park Boulevard.
Smoke poured out from under the roof of the wooden structure. Investigators think the fire was accidental. Utilities were shut off to the building and no one is being allowed to move back in for now.
Firefighters were on the scene until about 3:00 Thursday morning. One woman who lived next to the apartment building was taken to the hospital as a precaution but there were no other injuries.
Reported by Jim Hanchett