Woman Burned After Clothes Caught Fire - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Woman Burned After Clothes Caught Fire

JANUARY 26, 2006 -- A Castle Hayne woman is being treated for serious burns after her clothes accidentally caught fire.

Della Dove had candles burning at her home on Plumtree Lane. Investigators say her loose fitting clothing touched a candle and the fabric caught fire. She tried the stop, drop and roll technique and then ran to the house next door for help.

Neighbor Nikki Bex says Dove's hair was smoking and she'd been badly burned on her upper body. The fire was so hot, her jewelry had melted.

Dove is being treated at the burn center at the University of North Carolina Hospital in Chapel Hill.

Reported by Nicole Ferguson

Powered by Frankly