Fire Destroys Mobile Home

DECEMBER 23, 2005 -- One family will be spending Christmas away from home because of a destructive fire.

The blaze broke out in the Shady Haven Mobile Home Park on Parmele Road Thursday morning.  Authorities say residents were cooking breakfast on the stove when the fire started in the kitchen.

The home was engulfed in flames. Fire crews from Wrightsboro, Castle Hayne and New Hanover County responded.

It took about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.  Fortunately the residents got out safely, but their two cats were killed in the fire.