BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WECT) - Two South Carolina men are in the Brunswick County Detention Center under identical $1 million bonds after officials said a near fatal overdose led to their arrests.
Dashon Cortez Grate, 27, of Little River, has been charged with:
- selling/delivering heroin
- two counts of possession with the intent to manufacture/sell/deliver heroin
- conspiring to traffic opium/heroin
- two counts of trafficking opium or heroin
- maintaining a vehicle for controlled substance
- possession of drug paraphernalia
Marqivies Sedale Crawford, 28, of Longs, was charged with conspiring to traffic opium/heroin and two counts of trafficking opium or heroin.
According to a Facebook post from the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office, narcotics agents responded to a near fatal overdose Tuesday evening, which sparked an investigation that led them to Grate and Crawford.