WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - As part of the IRS-sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, the UNCW Cameron School of Business is offering free tax preparation services.
UNCW officials say the program will be staffed by "accounting students who have taken appropriate courses, completed training and passed IRS certification exams."
The program is available to those who earn less than $66,000 annually.
Those seeking assistance should bring their social security card, photo ID, tax documents and a copy of their last tax returns.
The walk-in VITA services will be held at the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship located at 803-G S. College Road during the following hours:
- Wednesday, March 14: 5 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 17: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, March 24: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 28: 5 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 31: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 4: 5 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 7: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
More information can be found here.