COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WECT) - Detectives with the Columbus County Sheriff's Office Vice-Narcotics Unit have arrested a Chadbourn man on numerous weapon and drug charges following a two-month investigation.
According to officials, the investigation into Billy Lee Lennon, 53, began after detectives received numerous complaints from citizens.
On Friday, March 9, after detectives completed an undercover purchase of narcotics from Lennon, the sheriff's office executed a search warrant at his home on Baswell Road in Chadbourn.
Detectives confiscated ten guns including a "sawed-off long gun," crack cocaine, prescription medicine and two sets of digital scales.
Lennon was charged with:
- Possession of a firearm by a felon (9 counts)
- Possession of a weapon of mass destruction
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Maintaining a vehicle, dwelling, or place for a controlled substance
- Possession with the intent to manufacture/sell/deliver a schedule IV controlled substance
- Possession with the intent to sell/deliver cocaine
He was booked into the Columbus County Detention Center under a $161,500 bond.