WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, NC (WECT) - Do your part to keep our beaches beautiful this weekend.
Saturday, Sept. 16, is International Coastal Clean Up Day.
Wrightsville Beach's Blockade Runner is one of the spots organizing a clean up along our coast.
The plan is to meet at 8:30 a.m. and set out to sweep the beach.
The resort is awarding prizes at the end of the sweep for most (and best) trash collected.
Be sure to wear sunscreen and a hat.
Also, in conjunction with Ocean Conservancy's International Coastal Clean Up Day, those who help out with clean up events will get 15% off their orders from several ocean-friendly establishments Sept. 15 through Sept. 17, including:
- Mojos on the Harbor on Bald Head Island
- The Foxes Boxes in downtown Wilmington
- PinPoint Restaurant in downtown Wilmington
- The Lazy Pirate in Carolina Beach
- Nawab Fine Indian Cuisine in Ogden
- SharkBites Snack Bar at Fort Fisher Aquarium
- Epic Food Co. in The Forum, Wilmington
- Spoonfed Kitchen and Bake Shop in Lumina Commons, Wilmington
- Ceviche’s, Wilmington
- Blockade Runner, Wrightsville Beach
- Blue Surf Café in Racine Commons, Wilmington