SOUTHEASTERN, NC (WECT) - Following a successful effort last year, the Cub Scouts in New Hanover and Brunswick county are back on the recruiting trail.
The Cape Fear Council chapter of the Boy Scouts of America said in a pair of recent news releases that it will hold Cub Scouts sign-up nights at elementary schools in the area, beginning Thursday at Codington Elementary.
All first- through fifth-grade boys are eligible to join the Cub Scouts.
New Hanover County sign-ups will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the following places:
- Codington Elementary, Aug. 17
- Cape Fear Academy, Aug. 24
- Sunset Park, Aug. 24
- Alderman Elementary, Sept. 5
- Gregory Elementary, Sept. 5
- Holly Tree Elementary, Sept. 5
- Carolina Beach Elementary, Sept. 5
- Forest Hills Elementary, Sept. 5
- Parsley Elementary, Sept. 11
- Anderson Elementary, Sept. 11
- Mary C. Williams Elementary, Sept. 11.
- St. Mary's, Sept. 11.
- Myrtle Grove Christian, Sept. 11
- Douglass Academy, Sept. 12
- Wrightsville Beach Elementary, Sept. 12
- College Park Elementary, Sept. 14
- Snipes Elementary, Sept. 14
- Winter Park Elementary, Sept. 14
- Pine Valley Elementary, Sept. 14
- Bradley Creek Elementary, Sept. 18
- H.C. Bellamy, Sept. 18
- Rachel Freeman Elementary, Sept. 19
- Wilmington Prep, Sept. 21
In Brunswick County, sign-ups will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 7 at:
- Lincoln Elementary
- Belville Elementary
- Bolivia Elementary
- Town Creek Elementary
- Southport Elementary
- Virginia Williamson Elementary
- Waccamaw Elementary
- Union Elementary
- L&L Montessori and Southport Christian at Southport Elementary
- Southeastern Christian at Union Elementary
- South Brunswick Charter at Virginia Williamson or Southport Elementary
According to the news releases, around 750 boys joined the Scouts during last year's recruiting effort.
For more information, call Garrett Singer at 910-395-1100, ext. 21 or email firstname.lastname@example.org