WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - With feels-like temperatures in the triple digits, it's nice to have a cool, refreshing dish to serve.
Wendy Raubenheimer with the Seasoned Gourmet shared their recipe for a Caprese Salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
- 2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes (about 4 large), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil washed well, chopped
- fine sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
On a large platter arrange tomato and mozzarella slices and basil leaves, alternating and overlapping them. Season salad with salt and pepper. Sprinkle salad with basil and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. dried parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a sealable container. Seal and shake until well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Shake well before each use.