News release from CFPUA:
1. The CFPUA Board of Directors held a special meeting yesterday to discuss action items for CFPUA process enhancements following CFPUA's involvement in the NCSU study.
A full list of these recommendations can be found here in yesterday's afternoon update.
CFPUA began to implement the recommendations this morning. The following two enhancements are already underway:
- CFPUA staff worked with IT to develop a page on the CFPUA web site titled “The Quality of Your Drinking Water.” This webpage will include the following:
- A link to any detects of an unregulated contaminant, regardless of whether it is included on the EPA's UCMR (Unregulated Contaminate Monitoring Rule) list. Advertise new data so customers are aware.
- A link to a rolling 12-month list of water quality test results for compliance.
- Information about disinfection byproducts, UCMR, source water, FAQs, treatment processes, etc.
- Links to EPA, CDC and other sources of health information.
- Executive Director Jim Flechtner is beginning to gather a group of health officials and water quality experts that will meet quarterly to review water testing results.
A copy of the CFPUA process review, the presentation from Thursday's Board meeting, and a full timeline of actions taken by CFPUA are available here. The Board continues its commitment to transparency through this process.