Fire Started from Cigarette and Oxygen Tank - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Fire Started from Cigarette and Oxygen Tank

MAY 17, 2005 --  A woman on oxygen barely escaped her apartment after her cigarette ignited a fire.

It happened Tuesday afternoon in the Egert Crossing Apartments in Brunswick County.  The resident's oyxgen tube got stuck in her wheelchair, and when she went to free the tube she dropped her cigarette and started a fire.

Ken Miller and Jesse Russell were working in the area and rushed to help her out of her burning apartment.

The woman was treated for smoke inhalation, and is staying with family members.

 Staff report

Powered by Frankly