If you have the free WECT News app, you know we send different types of alerts throughout the day, ranging from breaking news, weather, traffic and more. We want to make it easier for you to stay informed when you want to be.
There may be times in the day when you feel these alerts interrupt your daily life, and we understand that.
You now have the ability to set a "quiet time" for these push alerts. You can do so by following these few simple steps:
- Open the WECT News app on your mobile device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top left of your screen to open the app menu.
- Tap the gear icon near the bottom right of the menu to open the app settings.
- Scroll down to the QUIET TIME option, and set your “From” and “To.” iOS users: All push alerts except "Breaking" alerts will be silent from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
This is the same area where you can select which types of alerts you would like to receive.
- Breaking: Breaking and developing stories
- Weather: Watches, warnings and other weather-related articles
- Sports: Local sports news
- Traffic: Closures, delays, accidents, etc.
- Programming: Keeps you up to date on your favorite NBC shows
- Other: All other types of news
- WakeUp: What you can expect on Carolina in the Morning
If you would like to download the WECT News app, you can follow the appropriate link: